dimanche 20 septembre 2009

How the Prophet Would Complain

Receive exclusive HabibiHalaqas information




How the Prophet Would Complain

It is related that when Abu Talib died, the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) went out on foot to Ta’if to call its people to Islam. They rejected his call, and he walked away until he got to the shade of a tree. So, he prayed two rak’atand said:

اللهم إني أشكو إليك ضعف قوتي وهواني على الناس أنت أرحم الراحمين إلى من تكلني إلى عدو يتجهمني أم إلى قريب ملكته أمري إن لم تكن غضبان علي فلا أبالي غير أن عافيتك أوسع لي أعوذ بوجهك الذي أشرقت له الظلمات وصلح عليه أمر الدنيا والآخرة أن ينزل بي غضبك أو يحل بي سخطك لك العتبى حتى ترضى ولا قوة إلا بالله


“O Allah, I complain to You of my weakness and my insignificance in the eyes of the people. You are the most Merciful. No matter who You have put me at the mercy of – an enemy who will be stern with me, or a friend to look after my affairs – as long as You are not Angry with me, then I don’t care. However, the relief You bring would be more comfortable for me. I seek refuge with Your Face – for which the darkness has lit up, and the affairs of this world and the next are organized – from being afflicted with Your Wrath or deserving of Your Anger. You have the right to admonish as You please, and there is no might nor power except by Allah.”

Look at how even in such moments of his life, all he cared about (صلى الله عليه و سلم) was whether or not Allah was Pleased with him.

4 commentaires:

As Salaamu Aliakum

When we as muslims post things from the Qur'an or the Sunnah we should always add where the infomation was found.Jazakamullahu Khairun

This Hadith and incident is found in book of Ibn ishaq and tabari. It is also found in all seerah books. It is a very commonly related event. Jazzakym allahu khairAN for asking :)

Assalamu Alaikum, Alhamdulillah I'm happy to let you know how fulfilled I get whenever I read inspiring texts of the Hadith or Qur'an from your site. May Allah always guide us to the right path and make Jannah our final abode. May He also increase us with Knowledge that will save us from the torments of the hell fire. JAZA KALLAHU KHAIRAN

Walaykumusalaam! alhumdulillah :) ameen and waiyyaki! glad you enjoyed it !

Enregistrer un commentaire

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites