vendredi 29 avril 2011

Child Sexual Abuse Awareness


Child Sexual Abuse Awareness

CHILD ABUSE is the physical, sexual, emotional mistreatment, or neglect of children. There are four major categories of child abuse:

1. Neglect
2. Physical Abuse

3. Psychological/Emotional Abuse
4. Child Sexual Abuse

Different jurisdictions have developed their own definitions of what constitutes child abuse for the purposes of removing a child from his/her family and/or prosecuting a criminal charge. According to the Journal of Child Abuse and Neglect, child abuse is "any recent act or failure to act on the part of a parent or caretaker which results in death, serious physical or emotional harm, sexual abuse or exploitation, an act or failure to act which presents an imminent risk of serious harm".

Child Sexual Abuse is usually swept under the carpet as something too dirty to talk about. The result? Many, many people who go through their childhood believing whatever happened to them was their fault.

SURVIVOR STORY


To my abuser,

This is just to let you know that when you forced me as a kid few years ago to satisfy your sexual desires few years ago, you had successfully ruined a big part of my life. I had decided to grow up and commit suicide to put an end to my misery. Thanks to you I thought all men are bastards like you are, but turns out you don’t really represent a man.

You are a coward who thought that asking a small kid not to spill this secret of yours can let you get away from the crime that you have done and even I thought that it would have until I figured out that even though you have successfully hidden your pathetic face from the society and people around you, just know that Allah is watching you. He will question you on everything you have done to me. My family knows about you but they have done no justice to me hence you can freely move among them, but what about Allah? Would you be able to be stand in front of him knowing the fact that he knows what you have done to me? I doubt. Highly.

Thanks to your pathetic acts that screwed up my xmentality, I started to question Allah. I thought it was Allah who let all these bad things happen to me, while I ignored the fact that he wants something special for me. It was you and your low life personality that could see a sex-toy in a girl of 6,8,9 years.

How I hate you for what you have done to me, but more than that I hate that your act made me question my religion, my God, and His justice. I went away from religion when I grew up and saw you again thinking how can Allah allow you to live such a comfortable life with a wonderful job and kids? Now, when I look at you, you are all sobered up with your long beard, once again thanks to you I started hating religious men. I don’t look at you as a good muslim, although all I hear around me are people singing your praises, and God knows you may have changed but for me, in my mind and memories you are still a pathetic monster.

You did message me once saying that you repented. How I doubt that because I know for a matter of fact that you haven’t just ruined my childhood, many others were victims of your selfishness.
What you have done to me has changed me twice, once I lost faith in God and all goodness around me as a teenager. Because I could not understand how I lived with myself after doing the pathetic things you made me do.

The second time I changed again and with that I came close to religion, I came to know the reality of this world and I strengthened my belief in the hereafter. Alhamdulillah this change is lasting long than the previous one, because I know my God will not leave you because it’s not just my justice he needs to take care of, it is also about the other kids.

I have tried forgiving you, many times. Sometimes I even made dua for you so that God can forgive you. But you know why I can’t do it anymore? Because the damage you have done to me is so great, that even till today I get nightmares about you. I wake up crying but please don’t you feel sorry for me, or don’t you pity me because just know this, how many ever times I have cried I am sure that Allah has witnessed it and he is going to definitely hold you accountable for it.

I hope sincerely and pray that although you are a part of my family that I never ever get to see you again.


From,
One of your victims

SIGNS OF NEGLECT AND CHILD ABUSE

The warning signs that a child may be a victim of abuse may vary depending on the type of abuse. Some general common signs include:

  • Unexplained bruises or physical injuries
  • Shaken baby syndrome
  • A young child who is left alone or abandoned
  • Frequent evidence of poor hygiene
  • Acting-out sexually or showing interest in sex that is not appropriate for his/her age
  • Nightmare and sleep disturbances
  • Behavior problems and aggression toward adults, other children and pets
ACTION STEPS

Through prevention activities such as parent education, home visitation, and parent support groups, many families are able to find the support they need to stay together and care for their children in their homes and communities.

  • Prevention efforts can help parents develop their parenting skills
  • Understand the benefits of nonviolent discipline techniques
  • Understand and meet their child’s emotional, physical and developmental needs
  • Help parents identify other needs they may have and offer assistance in getting that additional support
  • One of the most important things you can do to prevent child abuse is to build a positive relationship with your own children.
  • Help your children feel loved and secure.

We can all take steps to improve our relationship with our children:
  • Make sure your children know you love them, even when they do something wrong.
  • Encourage your children. Praise their achievements and talents.
  • Spend time with your children. Do things together that you all enjoy.
  • Seek help if you need it.
Problems such as unemployment, marital tension, or a child with special needs can add to family tension. Parenting is a challenging job on its own. No one expects you to know how to do it all. 


If you think stress may be affecting the way you treat your child, or if you just want the extra support that all parents need at some point, try the following:

  • Talk to someone. Tell a friend, healthcare provider, or a leader in your faith community about your concerns. Or join a self-help group for parents.
  • Get counseling. Individual or family counseling can help you learn healthy ways to communicate with each other.
  • Take a parenting class. Nobody was born knowing how to be a good parent. Parenting classes can give you the skills you need to raise a happy, healthy child.
  • Accept help. You don't have to do it all. Accept offers of help from friends, family, or neighbors. And don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it.


ORGANISATIONS SUPORTTING THE CAUSE

4 commentaires:

Jazaki Allah Khair for posting this! May Allah swt reward you in this world and the hereafter. Ameen.

This was a very beneficial article as I am aware of someone who has/is going through the situation. It is really sad when people try and nothing gets done. It is such a long drown out process to have the predator be held accountable in this life, but inshaAllah in the akhira Allah will take care of the situation in the best and most beautiful manner. Alhumdulilah May Allah protect all children and anyone going through oppression.

It is even more unfortunate when something like this gets swept under the rug. May Allah be with that sister.

thanks for posting this. the issue is too often considered a taboo topic in our community. regardless of one's level of interest with it; it is a real issue occurring all throughout the world. this needs to be discussed. more power to you!

Jazakallah khair for sharing your story, a courageous survivor of a depraved cowardly beast- Allah answers the dua of the oppressed and it is not a Dua  anyone wants to be on the other side of. May Allah heal all who have faced such trials ameen.

Enregistrer un commentaire

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites