jeudi 3 février 2011

True Story: My motivation for making up missed fasts of Ramadhaan


Enter your email address for exclusive updates:


My motivation for making up missed fasts of Ramadhaan

by Khadeejah Islam

I make up my missed fasts as soon as possible, right after Eid. These are the few factors which motivate me:

A few days after Ramadhaan and Eid are over, the body and the soul are still adjusted to the routine of fasting and polishing our Imaan.I miss Ramadhaan and feel like “if only it lasted a little longer.” Hence, I find it easier to fast right after Eid and to relive the spirit of Ramadhaan!

Intentionally or unintentionally, we all make mistakes, and later, when we come back to our senses, we yearn for a chance to do more good deeds. The Sunnah fast of Shawwal gives me that opportunity to earn rewards. Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Whoever fasts Ramadhaan and follows it with six days of Shawwal, it will be as if he fasted for a lifetime.” (Narrated by Muslim, Abu Dawood, al-Tirmidhi,al-Nisaa’i and Ibn Maajah). Usually, many other Muslims eagerly make up the missed fasts quickly so that they can keep this fast of Shawwal. Hence, I get encouraged. Any good deed becomes easier and more attractive when you get the inspiration and support from others.

Life is uncertain. I do not wish to postpone this obligatory duty of making up missed fasts to a time in the future which is not even guaranteed. “Indeed, Allah [alone] has knowledge of the Hour and sends down the rain and knows what is in the wombs. And no soul perceives what it will earn tomorrow, and no soul perceives in what land it will die. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted.” [Qur’an 31:34]. Hence, I hasten to make up my missed fasts.

Shaytan whispers to us to procrastinate and trivialize our obligations. “Not today, I’ll do it tomorrow…”and this tomorrow never comes unless we understand that making up missed fasts of Ramadhaan is obligatory and that we need to take a hard stance against the whispers of Shaytan.

I hope this motivates my other sisters to make up the missed fasts of Ramadhaan as soon as possible. May Allah grant us all this ability. Ameen.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites